Monday, August 9, 2010

PUBLIX POLICIES
I have to admit that Publix is probably my favorite store to shop. Even prior to couponing Publix has always been my favorite but now that I have become an avid couponer, it is even more so. 


Publix is extremely coupon friendly. They not only take manufacturer coupons (MFQ), but they have plenty of their own coupons, that you can stack with the MFQ (manufacturer coupons), but they also accept competitor coupons. 


Having said that, each Publix store is different in the types of competitor coupons they accept. I have three main Publix stores I frequent in my area, and they all accept pretty much the same competitor coupons.  My stores accept the following coupons:

  • Target
  • Family Dollar
  • Dollar General
  • Walgreens (mine does accept RR only because they are MFQ)
  • BJ Club
  • Winn-Dixie
  • Albertson's
However, if you go two miles up the road from my main store I shop, the Publix up there only accepts Albertson's & Winn-Dixie's coupons.  You will have to ask the manager on duty what they consider competitors at your store. Usually, most Publix have a pretty large list, but every list will be different depending on the proximity to the store.  


Publix does NOT accept expired coupons, although I have heard of some people on other forums mention theirs does, but for the most part this is not the case, you will have to ask your store manager whether or not they do. 


The Florida based Publix's have what is called true BOGO (as you will often see on I Heart Publix). Meaning, in order for you to get the deal you have to buy two of the product that is on sale for BOGO.  Publix's elsewhere, outside of Florida, their BOGO's are actually 50% off, meaning they can buy one of the item that is BOGO, but it is 50% off. 


With BOGO sales you can, and should, use TWO coupons with BOGO sales. 


Florida Based Publix's do not double coupons, outside Florida based Publix's many do double coupons up to $1, you will have to ask your store manager what their policy is for doubling coupons.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...