Thursday, October 28, 2010

CentsAble Giving: New Weekly Topic - Giving on a Budget

Welcome to a new weekly topic, CentsAble Giving. I am particularly excited about this feature. We will talk about ways of giving back to our communities, on a budget (of course!). 


I think our culture has lost touch with giving back to our communities over the generations, I also believe that we are on a trend back towards helping those around us. Really giving isn't just un-selfish thing to do, it actually is very selfish. By giving back to those around us, we grow stronger communities, which makes it a better place for us to live and makes us feel better about ourselves. 


I have no doubt it is in our nature to want to give. But I think that there tend to be a couple factors that us back from reaching out. I think time, money, and resources are the biggest reasons from us back more so than anything else. 


CentsAble Giving will give us practicable  advise on using as little money out of pocket as possible to help others. You really don't have to be rich or well off to give back. You just have to be willing and able. Thus, going on the theory we are all willing and able let's find ways of negating the time, money, and resource factors, and we can then watch our communities grow and flourish. 


Join me ever Thursday as we learn inexpensive and easy ways of giving back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...