Thursday, November 11, 2010

CentsAble Giving: The Christmas Jar


Today I wanted to share with all of you a great way to give back for Christmas. I read over on Meagan’s site, Frugal Fun & Fortune about the Christmas Jar. This is such a simple yet extraordinary way to help others around you.

Here’s all you have to do. Find a Jar, Cup, Piggy Bank, anything that hold some extra change. Throughout each day from now until Christmas throw all your loose change into the jar. Once Christmas rolls around take the jar and donate it to a charity group, a neighbor, friend, or family member in need, that could use a little extra change. You’ll be surprised at how quickly your jar will fill up, and how much (with so little) you’ll have by Christmas.

Here’s the other trick, don’t let that person know it was from you. Leave it somewhere where they will find it but let it be a surprise and let it be a gift from God, let God have the credit and not yourself.

The attached picture is Meagan’s personal Christmas jar, and she stated on her site (Frugal Fun & Fortune) that there is already over $30 in her jar. So, start today. We have a change cup, but I am going to get a jar and put all of our loose change in there and start adding to it daily.

I think this is a fabulous way to get your kids involved with helping and reaching out to others and teaching them about humility as well. Letting them feel great about something wonderful they have done to help others but letting God get all the glory (isn’t that how it’s suppose to be?). I plan to let my kids help decide who we are going to give this extraordinary gift too.

Who will you give this to, (don’t name names)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...