I just finished this week’s shopping trip and I did pretty well considering I was able to stock up on meat at Albertson’s, included in the meat is a 13.5lb Turkey, which makes the savings even all the more better. I went to both Albertsons & Publix today. So, how did I do?
| Groceries: $215.42 - Spent $65.41 - Saved 70% (bought over 35lbs of meat) |
ALBERTSONS
2 – Rubbermaid Containers (BOGO $3.49)
-$1/1 Rubbermaid Containers from SS 10/3– used 2
:: Spent $1.49
2 – Ziplock Containers (2/$5)
-$1.50/2 Ziplock Containers from – used 1 PRINT
:: Spent $3.50
6 – Mentos Gum, 15ct (10/$10)
-$1/1 Mentos Gum from SS 10/3– used 2
:: Spent $0.00 FREE
9.81lbs – Chicken Thighs ($.99lb)
:: Spent $9.71
5.58lbs – Split Chicken Breasts ($.99lb)
:: Spent $1.49
13.5lbs – Honeysuckle Turkey ($.79lb)
-In Ad Coupon for $.49lb
:: Spent $6.58
6.43lbs – Center Cut Pork Chops ($3.99lb)
-B1G2 FREE Center Cut Pork Chops (in ad coupon)
:: Spent $8.61
2.70 – Gala Apples (10lbs/$10)
:: Spent $2.70
2.83 – Bartlett Pears (10lbs/$10)
:: Spent $2.83
Keeping in mind that I bought over 35lbs of meat, yes over 35lbs:
Used a -$5/$50 In Ad Albertsons Coupon
Total Groceries Bought: $106.54
Total Amount OOP: $36.35 (+tax)
Total Amount Saved: $70.60 (66%)
PUBLIX
2 – Oscar Mayer Fully Cooked Bacons (2/$5)
-$1/2 OM Bacon from Target Coupon PRINT
:: Spent $4.00
2 – Stove Top Stuffing ($.99)
-$.50/2 Stove Top Stuffing from Target Coupon PRINT
-$1/2 Stove Top Stuffing PRINT
:: Spent $.48
2 – Nestle Toll House Morsels (BOGO $2.95)
-$.50/1 Nestle Toll House Morsels PRINT
:: Spent $4.00
6 – Scotch Magic Tapes (BOGO $2.15)
-$1/3 Nestle Toll House Morsels from SS 8/8 – used 2
:: Spent $4.45
2 – Tostitos Tortilla Chips (BOGO $4.99)
1 – Lay’s Kettles ($2.99)
-$2/1 Lay’s Kettle Chips wyb (2) Tostito Chips tearpad
:: Spent $5.98
6 – Vigo Saffron Rice, 10oz (BOGO $1.29)
-$.50/1 Vigo Saffron Rice from RP 10/3 – used 6
:: Spent $.87
2 – Perdue Short Cuts (2/$6)
-$1/1 Perdue Short Cuts PRINT
:: Spent $4.00
3 – Wholly Gaucamoles ($2.99)
-$4/1 Wholly Gaucamole PRINT – no longer available
:: Spent -$3.03 overage
2 – Sundown Vitamins ($3.99 & $7.49)
-$3/2 Sundown Vitamins PRINT
-$6/2 Sundown Vitamins from Publix Grn. Adv. Flyer
:: Spent $2.48
Side Note: I normally purchase (2) at $3.99 or less and receive overage however, I found some Vitamin E oil that I have been wanting to purchase for my dogs because their allergies have been acting up so I took the fall and did not get overage this time J
2 – Green Works Cleaners ($2.99)
-$2/1 Green Works Prdct from Publix Harvest of Savings
:: Spent $1.98
2 – Pompeian Olive Oil (BOGO $11.99)
:: Spent $11.99
Used a -$5/$55 From Winn Dixie
Total Groceries Bought: $108.88
Total Amount OOP: $29.06 (+tax)
Total Amount Saved: $79.82 (73%)
Grand Total Groceries Bought: $215.42
Grand Total Amount OOP: $65.41
Grand Amount Saved: $150.42 (70%)
Considering the amount of meat I purchased (35+lbs) I did great and have no complaints! How was your shopping week. If you would like to showcase your shopping trip please feel free to send me pics with the amount you spend and the amount you saved, and I will place it on the Readers Bragging Spot. Email me at info (at) centsablestewardship (dot) com. I look forwards to hearing form all of you.
Also, I know I did not post my shopping trip last week. I actually only ended up spending $22 last week on groceries. The sales weren’t that fabulous and we didn’t really need anything so I ended up really not going, other than one night I bought a few things to make a special dinner, none of the items were on sale. ;)
I have not shopped at Albertsons in years, but I was actually right next to it today. Is this sale over?
ReplyDeleteYou did fabulous on your savings!
Thank you for linking up to the Weekly Savings Linky @ Frugality Is Free Tweet about The Weekly Savings Linky, and you could win a free ad space.
Awesome holly. Who did your website? I need one.
ReplyDeleteMary Beth - I did my own site. I'm thinking at the beginning of the year I will have it professional done. But I'm happy with it for now. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, awesome job! I would love it if you'd come link up your savings at living well, spending less
ReplyDeleteGreat Shopping trip!! Come and Link your great trip on my site so my readers can see how you did it! http://homeandpantry.blogspot.com/2010/11/show-tell-whole-foods-publix-greenwise.html
ReplyDelete