Friday, October 29, 2010

Frugal Friday: Learning Simple Ways of being Frugal

Welcome to the final new Weekly Topic: Frugal Friday. 

This is a quick little feature where we can share ideas on being frugal in just about every area of our lives. From things we can do at home, to shopping, to conserving on energy, stretching our dollars further.

I want to encourage all of you to submit 'Frugal Ideas', by emailing me, and I will present the best frugal ideas each Friday. 

To get us started I wanted to share with you some of the frugal things we have been doing around our house. 

We have been saving our Chinese food 'boxes' and reusing them to hold leftovers or lunch items. It's cheaper then running out and buying new throw-away or to-go containers. I also recently bought the Bryer yougurts from Publix last week and those containers are perfect for putting little snacks or holding salad dressing to take with you for lunch. They are nice containers and will certainly serve well for future uses. 

There is a two-fold in reusing a lot of these type of containers that you purchase for other foods. It's not only Frugal but it is also 'Green', and great for the environment. It's easy to get in the habit of just throwing everything thing aways. But often times these containers are disherwasher safe and can be used over and over again. It's easier on your wallet and the environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...