Secondly, as a family we have cut eating out at any fast food restaurant down to no more than once a month, just no McDonald's. We did decided to keep Subway and places of that sort, that provide quick, easy, and a bit healthier options open to those random moments we are hungry and need to eat and happen to be out and about.
Finally, the other thing we have done is limit our eating out to only restaurants where we can either get great coupons, Groupons/EverSaves/Living Social, ect, and/or Restaurant.com certificates. If we can't get some good savings then we aren't going to be eating at that restaurant.
Having said that I wanted to take a moment to share with about the above sites I mentioned for saving money on eating out.
Groupon, EverSave, & Living Social all work very similarly in that they have daily deals that take place in different cities around the country. Some deals are for local residents only, and other deals are good for any and everyone!
How these sites work is that when a certain number of people buy the deal, the deal is considered "On", meaning the deal is available and anyone can purchase and will receive the discount from the particular merchant. I have never seen a deal not reach the certain number of required purchases, so this is not a worry. If you happen to be one of the first few people to purchase the deal before it is considered 'On', and for some reason not enough people participate in purchasing the deal you won't be charged and you won't receive the discount.
I bring all this up because today on all three of the above sites each has some great deals in Orlando for local restaurants. Now if you aren't in the Orlando area I still suggest you check each site out and visit the city nearest you and see what your local deal may be for today. I have used all three sites successfully numerous times and have never had an issue, and I have been able to save a lot of money on all sorts of different services and products from all over, not just eating out.
For only $17 get a $35 voucher to Giordano's Italian Restaraunt & Pizzeria in the Orlando area.
For only $10 you can purchase a $20 voucher for food and drinks at Pine 22 in the Orlando area.
For only $10 you can purchase a $20 voucher for food at Jersey Mike's Sub Shop in the Altamonte Springs area & Lake Mary
Before I close let me give you a quick intro to Restaurant.com. This is also another great way to save on your eating out trips. Normally for $10 you can purchase certificates to local restaurants for $25 off $35 (this amount can vary per restaurant, some are $25 off $40, or $25 off $50). However, more times than not Restaurant.com has promo codes where you can purchase these same certificates for 50%-80% off. When the 80% off codes are available I will then stock up on these certficates because I now only have to pay $2.00 for the same certificate.
My other little secret is to purchase through ShopAtHome.com and receive 30% back, making these well under $2.00 for each certificate.
Those are my random thoughts on saving money eating out. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment